Additional Support Needs tutors Edinburgh, Glasgow and nationwide.
Our Additional Support Needs tutors Edinburgh are all GTC registered ASN school teachers. We simply do not offer students or non-qualified teachers.
The term “additional support needs” is wider in scope than its predecessor in Scotland, “special educational needs”. A student has additional support needs where, for whatever reason, they require additional support with their education. This is the case whether or not the need for additional support is a temporary need or is an ongoing one.
In due recognition of the various issues faced by carers of those with Additional Support Needs Home Tuition Scotland policy is to maintain all ASN tuition fees at the standard tuition rate, whatever the level of experience of the ASN tutor.
Please book today an Edinburgh Additional Support Needs tutor
The term “additional support” simply means a kind of educational provision over and above (or significantly different to) the education normally provided to students of a similar age in local mainstream Edinburgh schools.
Additional Support Needs tutors Edinburgh are needed for some young people with additional support needs so they can properly benefit from an education which is better-suited to the development of the personality, talents and mental and physical abilities of that child or young person to their full potential.
Additional Support Needs tutors Edinburgh, Lothian and nationwide
Home Tuition Scotland provides your child with a GTC-Scotland qualified Additional Support Needs tutor throughout all 32 Scottish local authority areas for the most commonly identified additional support needs, such as:
- Long-term school absence
- Behavioural difficulties
- visual impairment
- hearing impairment
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Down’s Syndrome
- Cerebral palsy
- Spina bifida
- Friedrich’s ataxia
- Muscular dystrophy
- Global delay
- Specific delay
Additional Support Needs students may require additional support such as:
- a particular approach to teaching: for example, as used with children and young
people with autistic spectrum disorders, dyslexia or sensory impairments
- provision of specific resources:
including information and communications, technology (ICT), and particular
- a qualified tutor supporting a child with an autistic spectrum disorder
- a tutor helping a child by following a behaviour management programme developed in consultation with a behaviour support teacher
- tutor support to help with a reading difficulty
- a tutor working with Gypsy/Traveller young people on their site to help them improve their literacy and numeracy skills
- support given by an English as a Second Language (ESOL) teacher for a child whose first language is not English
Please visit our Additional Support Needs booking form today.
We cordially welcome applications from GTC-Scotland registered Additional Support Needs teachers for our Additional Support Needs tutor jobs in Edinburgh. Join us right away!