Home Tuition Scotland provides registered Edinburgh Trumpet teachers that are perfect for you. We do not offer your child a Trumpet student nor a non-qualified teacher. That’s why we are Edinburgh, Lothian and Borders greatest Trumpet tuition provider.
Since 1994, we have been providing expert Edinburgh Trumpet lessons for every age and ability. Beginners Trumpet lessons Edinburgh, Intermediate Trumpet lessons Edinburgh, Advanced Trumpet lessons Edinburgh, Grade I-VIII Trumpet lessons, we can offer you focused individual Trumpet tuition Edinburgh in your own house.
Please book your Trumpet lessons Edinburgh today.
Beginners Trumpet – Your Trumpet Tutor Edinburgh will demonstrate the following:
1. Without the trumpet, the beginner should roll their lips inward as if to say the letter “M”. Take care that no red part of the lip is seen and there is no rolled lips between the teeth. The teeth need to be virtually closed.
2. Blow air through the centre of the lips without unrolling them. Saying piiiip or peeep with the air can sometimes aid this action.
3. After this is achieved, your Trumpet tutor Edinburgh places the mouthpiece on the students lips during the “M” formation, about half upper, half lower.
4. The student holds the mouthpiece (no buzz) that was accomplished through the rolled lips.
5. Join the trumpet to the mouthpiece, with instructions on how to hold the trumpet, and the same airstream exercise will produce a G on the second line or higher. Certain points may need to be checked if no sound is heard. The airstream from the “M” position is crucial and some pressure is required so that the rim of the mouthpiece holds the embouchure in place while the lips relax sufficiently to vibrate. The sounded note G or higher indicates the necessary tension required in a good embouchure. Nothing lower than this G should be attempted for five days in order to set the embouchure.
6. Long tones are encouraged to strengthen your lips. During Trumpet tuition Edinburgh, the student then works down to low C after the first three to five day setting has taken place. The lips will unroll and find a more flexible setting as the player extends range in both directions. Many of out Trumpet tutors in Edinburgh find this beginning rolled setting much more successful than starting with unrolled lips which produces a low C as the first note. A lot of range and endurance issues result from this unrolled beginning lip position.
Trumpet tutors jobs Edinburgh available for qualified Trumpet teachers, interested.