Home Tuition Scotland provides registered Edinburgh Music Theory teachers to tutor your child. We will not offer your child a student of Music Theory nor a non-qualified teacher. That is why we’re Edinburgh and Lothians biggest Music theory tuition provider. Since 1994, we have offered hundreds of students professional Music theory tuition Edinburgh – Beginners Music theory lessons, Intermediate Music theory lessons and Advanced Music theory lessons Edinburgh.
Our qualified Music theory tutors Edinburgh provide one-to-one private Music theory tuition in your own home at a reasonable price.
Please book your Music theory lessons Edinburgh today.
An Introduction to Music Theory lessons Edinburgh and nationwide
Your Music Theory tutor Edinburgh will include the following basic principles of music theory:
1. Musical notes are symbols used to represent sounds. Notes are placed upon a series of five horizontal lines called a staff.
2. The number of lines on a staff are counted from the bottom up. The first (bottom) line is called the inferior line and the fifth line is named the superior line. The spaces are counted in the same technique. Music theory tutors Edinburgh can perform this.
3. A staff is composed of five lines and four spaces. Each note’s position represents the pitch of each sound. The higher the note is positioned on the staff, the higher the sound. The lower the note is on the staff, the lower. Your Music tutor Edinburgh can show you this.
4. Notes that are written above or below the staff are divided by ledger lines.
Treble and Bass Clefs
5. Clefs are the symbol placed at the beginning of a staff which determines the name of the notes. The clef gives the name to notes on the same line. From here, we are able to name all the notes above and below on the staff. Music notes are named from A to G. Based on staff position clefs are able to represent the entire range of musical sound. Music tuition Edinburgh will cover this in lessons.
6. The most frequently used clefs are the bass clef and treble clef.
If you are a GTC registered accredited Music theory teacher please apply today for our Edinburgh Music theory teacher jobs.