Home Tuition Scotland’s mission is to support independent learning for FE/HE students through the provision of dedicated, expert tutors and support workers.
We are an educational agency with a difference. Our Director has worked in the education, equalities and human rights field for over 25 years and is a qualified SpLD tutor. As a result, HTS offers a service that places each student’s individual needs over company profits.
Since 2012, we have grown in size through word of mouth and building a reputation for professionalism and integrity in the third level education sector. Our long-term business plan is not one of eternal growth – we are more focused on providing a transformative service for the students and clients we are lucky enough to work with.
Roddy McNulty is Director of Home Tuition Scotland. Roddy qualified with distinction as a SpLD specialist with Dyslexia Action in 2018.
Other career highlights include:
- HTS ranking first of six competitive tendering agencies for general non-medical help and first of nine for ASC mentor provision lots in Public Tender Award for Edinburgh College, 2019-2021
- Supporting 1000s of disabled and ASN students at Scotland’s FE Colleges and Universities since 2012
- Providing teacher recruitment to over a third of Scotland’s ASN, junior and senior independent schools since 2010
- Developing expert learning resources purchased by the Scottish Government Learning Directorate, distributed to every primary, secondary and ASN school in Scotland
- Co-ordinating national learning events, with participation of over 10% of Scottish schools
- Providing tutor training workshops for Continuing Professional Development
- HM Inspectorate of Education (HMIE) recommendations as a model of best inclusion teaching practice
- Teaching resources recommended by Education Scotland
- Helped to establish educational inclusion projects in other countries – including Wales, Denmark, The Netherlands and New Zealand.
Felicity Cameron is HTS Administrator. Felicity joined the HTS team in August 2019 and has a wealth of administrative expertise gained while working for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office for 8 years in the UK and overseas and then running a family business in Edinburgh.
Felicity is currently studying towards a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) degree with the Open University, enjoying the flexibility of studying around work and family life.
Felicity is committed to equality and inclusion for all. Her mum was an Additional Support Needs primary school teacher and growing up, Felicity saw first hand the benefits to the whole school experience of the pupils who she supported. Felicity is determined that everyone should be given the opportunity to overcome any barriers they face to reach their goals.
All HTS NMH workers are qualified to at least SCQF Level 9. We have implemented this recruitment quality criteria as our experience shows that 3rd level students thrive with support from fully qualified support workers who have studied to at least University Bachelor’s degree level themselves. HTS also has Registered Body accreditation with Disclosure Scotland which means we receive organisational updates about tutor records rather than the tutors themselves. We have worked towards achieving this accreditation as it is an important additional safeguarding measure for students, clients and HTS.
We’re here for you